In addition to our mission we hold certain core values important in our Church life:
Jesus’ great commandment was that we love God with our whole being
and our neighbour as ourselves. (Matthew 22v36-40)
His great commission was that we go into all the world
to tell of the good news of his love. (Matthew 28v18-20)
Therefore we are:
Committed to worshipping God as Father, Son and Holy Spirit and seek to serve him with the whole of our lives. Romans 12v1 “Offering to God ourselves as living sacrifices, wholly and pleasing to God”; Psalm 95v1-7
- Committed to prayer. We believe prayer is at the heart of all we do as a Church and is the responsibility of every Christian. Therefore it must undergird our individual and corporate life. (Ephesians 6v18; Philippians 4v6-7; Colossians 4v2)
- Committed to the authority of the Bible as God’s inspired word and to allow our lives to be transformed according to its teaching. 2 Timothy 3v16-17: “All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.”
- Committed to Discipleship: We believe all Christians are called to be disciples, called to grow and become mature, becoming more like Jesus Christ by obeying his commands and doing his will. Matthew 28v18-20; Galatians 5v22-25
- Committed to the activity, presence, ministry and leadership of the Holy Spirit and to the encouraging and equipping of God’s people as they discover, develop and use their God-given spiritual gifts. 1 Peter 4v10, 1 Corinthians 12, Romans 12v4-8, Ephesians 4v11-13.
- Committed to community, to cultivate loving relationships and a unity characterised by acceptance, forgiveness, grace, and truth, and to love and serve one another. We believe that all people matter to God and all are welcome as together we explore and experience faith in Christ. Galatians 5v22-25; John 13v34-35; Romans 15v7; Colossians 3v12-14.
- Committed to Mission, to take seriously the command to ‘go and make disciples’, to see the love, grace and mercy of God touch and change lives within our given area of accountability. We are committed to working with others towards these aims. Matthew 28v18-20.